Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 2: My Fair Lady Gaga in Utah

Miles: 510
States: 4 - Nevada, Arizona, Utah & Colorado
Tolls: None!
Highway Patrol: 1
Wild Turkeys: 2

Due to technical difficulties I am not able to listen to my iPod on this road trip, so I am at the mercy of whatever radio station I pick up. This was a very long trip through the middle of no where...and I mean no where...at one point there was 110 miles in which there were no "gas food lodging" signs.

During my first hour in Utah there were country stations, Christian stations and Lady Gaga. Bad Romance. Born This Way. Telephone. Then at my first "pit stop" I overheard a bathroom discussion around when the end of days was coming. Not sure why I mentioned that, but I wanted to provide the full audio experience of this part of the trip.

Upon my departure from Utah my radio station selection was limited to Christian stations and songs from the "My Fair Lady" musical showcase. For some reason driving 80 mph through canyon country doesn't really match "Wouldn't it be loverly?"

So what was in between Lady Gaga and My Fair Lady? Country music, which I thought was fitting as drove past lots of cattle, ranches, and most likely cowboys. This also matched the boundless landscape. I could see for at least 100 miles in any direction (once I cleared the mountains and canyons).



And what greeted me as I entered Colorado? Wild turkeys eating alongside I-70. Thankfully they were quiet.

Next Stop: Denver.

No comments: